Something spooked me a bit yesterday.
Got an email from one of my credit card issuers asking me how I liked my meal at blah, blah, blah. I didn’t appreciated it and felt like I was being stalked. Which gave me the idea to loosely document one day and just some of the times I was recorded, either digitally or in person.
1) Woke up with two cell phones on and thought, if necessary, I could be pinged by anyone who knew how to do it. Had them on me all day.
2) CVS. Photographed on multiple security cameras.
3) Swiped credit card at gas station. Photographed on security camera(s).
4) Jumped onto computer. Logged into three accounts, logged out. Digital footprints galore.
Yes there’s a security camera in the bird’s nest!
5) Metrorail parking lot. Multiple security cameras.
6) Swiped Easy Card acknowledging at least the presence of my card four times.
7) Took an escalator up and escalator down four times. Photographed on multiple security cameras.
10) Who knows if the Google Street View guys captured me? It captured a mugging in progress!
11) Punched in an alarm code granting me access. It knew I was there.
12) Received a “Happy New Year” e-mail listing new red light cameras in my area.
13) And I’m sure there’s a record of when I logged into WordPress, wrote this, hit publish and logged out.
How about you? Did I miss anything? Let me know. Fourth Amendment aside, do you ever think about how many times you are stalked daily?